On 25th November every year we celebrate the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women.
We are going to listen to two songs. What is the first song about ? What’s your opinion about the lyrics ? And Suzanne Vega song ? What is it about ?
HE HIT ME ( by Hole )
he-hit-me ( worksheet )
MY NAME IS LUKA by Suzanne Vega :
This week ,on November 24th, Thanksgiving Day is celebrated in the USA.
Today we are going to learn the history and origins of this American festival by means of different activities.
PREPARE THANKSGIVING DINNER !!
GAP FILLING ACTIVITY
- Finally, watch a video with the Thanksgiving parade. Happy Thanksgiving!!
- First watch this video about a family visiting London on their holidays:
- Then answer / complete the following questions: london
- Watch the video and complete with the appropriate information:
- First, watch a video of someone at the airport:
- What did you do last summer? ASK AND ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS:
- Now talk about your last summer using some of the following ideas:
September is here and so is a new school year!
FIRST, WATCH THIS VIDEO:WHY STUDY ENGLISH??
We are going to do some activities in class at the beginiing of the year to practice our English :
- INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- First, we are going to watch a video of some people introducing themselves:
- Try to introduce yourself to the class: What’s your name?How old are you? How many brothers or sistes have you got ? etc.USE SOME OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION: http://www.vocabulary.cl/Basic/Personal_Information.htm
- INTRODUCING SOMEONE ELSE: Try and introduce someone from the classroom:
Holidays are close so in this lesson we are going to talk about PLANS FOR YOUR SUMMER HOLIDAYS.
We are going to do different activities:
- AFTER WATCHING THE VIDEO, MAKE A LIST of the things you think you should take for your holidays . Discuss with your partnet and MAKE A LIST OF NECESSARY THINGS TO GO ABROAD THIS SUMMER.
- VIDEO 2: WATCH the following video :
- ANSWER the following questions about the video:
- What do you think the man does for a living ? Is he a teacher? A football player ?
- What is he doind at the business lounge ?
- What is the woman doing ?
- According to the video, what is important to do if you are travelling for business ?
This year we are celebrating the 400th anniversary of William Shakespeare‘s death and of course, his career as a playwright and a poet.
So we are going to do some activities abouth this important English author:
Shakespeare’s biography( video )
Easter is a holiday all over the world but it is celebrated in a different way in each country.
Here in Spain we have Easter celebrations after the Holy Week ( Semana Santa ). In some parts of Spain people celebrate it giving and eating chocolate.
( the questions are not in order so pay attention to the video very carefully !!)
On March 17 St Patrick’s Day is celebrated all over the world. Here are some activities and information about this Irish festival:
Today is the International Women’s Day. Here is a video , do you agree with it ? Do you think women have less job opportunities than men? Is there an inequality between men and women in society ?Did you know that there were so many inventions made by women ?
International Women’s Day ( official website )