This year we are celebrating the 400th anniversary of William Shakespeare‘s death and of course, his career as a playwright and a poet.
So we are going to do some activities abouth this important English author:
Shakespeare’s biography( video )
Easter is a holiday all over the world but it is celebrated in a different way in each country.
Here in Spain we have Easter celebrations after the Holy Week ( Semana Santa ). In some parts of Spain people celebrate it giving and eating chocolate.
( the questions are not in order so pay attention to the video very carefully !!)
On March 17 St Patrick’s Day is celebrated all over the world. Here are some activities and information about this Irish festival:
Today is the International Women’s Day. Here is a video , do you agree with it ? Do you think women have less job opportunities than men? Is there an inequality between men and women in society ?Did you know that there were so many inventions made by women ?
International Women’s Day ( official website )
This week in our 2º ESO English workshop we are going to deal with traditions in Britain and the USA.
- Firstly, watch this video and write down as many traditions as possible that are mentioned on it :
- Secondly, watch the following video and answer the comprehension questions about it:
- PANCAKE DAY
PROJECT: TRADITIONS IN BRITAIN AND THE USA
You are going to make a project on ONE TRADITION in Britain or the USA.
You have to include the following information:
– NAME OF THE TRADITION / CELEBRATION
– WHEN IS CELEBRATED ? ( DATE )
– ORIGIN OF THIS TRADITION
– WHAT DO PEOPLE DO IN THIS CELEBRATION?
– YOUR PERSONAL OPINIO.
You can use POWER POINT or PREZI
include: PICTURES, A VIDEO and LINKS with information about the tradition.
DEADLINE: Wednesday 9th March.
On 14th February people celebrate Valentine’s Day all over the worrld. In our English classes we are going to do some activities related to this date:
On 30th January we are celebrating the Day of Peace in our school . We are going to do some activities in our English lessons:
- Firstly, we are going to watch this video about the refugees from Syria:
Welcome back to school!.
I hope you enjoyed your Christmas holidays.
Today we are going to learn how to express your NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS for 2016
- First, watch this videoabout how to express your New Year’s Resolutions:
- Watch thic clip from Friends, the famous TV comedy and listen how they express their resolutions:
- Now, click on the link below to help you express your resolutions:
- Finally write your resolutions for the new year:
What are your 7 New Year Resolutions
This year we are going to carry out some activities about Christmas:
2nd Year ( English workshop) and 3rd year students:
- Firstly , watch the following video and answer the questions:
- Then, listen to the following song by The Ramones :
MERRY CHISTMAS ( by The Ramones ) – Lyricsgaps
ACTIVITIES ( AGENDAWEB)
4TH Year Students:
- Watch the following video and answer the questions:
Live from London ( Christmas )- video and activities
Live from London ( Christmas ) – video
LIVE FROM LONDON_STS
On 1st December we celebrate the World AIDS day.
Here are some links with information and teaching material about this day:
THINK POSITIVE #RETHINKHIV