On 30th January we are celebrating the Day of Peace in our school . We are going to do some activities in our English lessons:
- Firstly, we are going to watch this video about the refugees from Syria:
Welcome back to school!.
I hope you enjoyed your Christmas holidays.
Today we are going to learn how to express your NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS for 2016
- First, watch this videoabout how to express your New Year’s Resolutions:
- Watch thic clip from Friends, the famous TV comedy and listen how they express their resolutions:
- Now, click on the link below to help you express your resolutions:
- Finally write your resolutions for the new year:
What are your 7 New Year Resolutions
This year we are going to carry out some activities about Christmas:
2nd Year ( English workshop) and 3rd year students:
- Firstly , watch the following video and answer the questions:
- Then, listen to the following song by The Ramones :
MERRY CHISTMAS ( by The Ramones ) – Lyricsgaps
ACTIVITIES ( AGENDAWEB)
4TH Year Students:
- Watch the following video and answer the questions:
Live from London ( Christmas )- video and activities
Live from London ( Christmas ) – video
LIVE FROM LONDON_STS
On 1st December we celebrate the World AIDS day.
Here are some links with information and teaching material about this day:
THINK POSITIVE #RETHINKHIV
Last week Thanksgiving Day was celebrated all around the USA.
Today we are going to learn the history and origins of this American festival by means of different activities.
- First, watch this video about the origins of Thanksgiving and answer the questions:
HISTORY OF THANKSGIVING
- Then, do some of the following activities:
GAP FILLING ACTIVITY
- Finally, watch a video with the Thanksgiving parade. Happy Thanksgiving!!
- On 25th November we are celebrating the day against gender violence and violence against women, so we are going to do some different activities:
–2º ESO ENGLISH WORKSHOP
Listen to the following song by Tracy Chapman and choose the right words. Here is the document with the activity:
BEHIND THE WALL
3º ESO / 4º ESO :
- Watch the following presentation / videos:
STOP VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN ( presentation)
Video 1: Stop violence against women !
Video 2: Some women talking about their experiences:
- How do you feel after watching the videos ?Write a sentence against domestic / gender violence . If you have a twitter account tweet the sentence and write @ieslaescribana( i.e.: Violence against women has to stop!!, No more violence against women !!, etc. )
- Complete the text while listening to a piece of news about violence aginst women.
This year we celebrated Halloween in our school with different activities:
- 1st , 2nd and 3rd ESO students made some ‘paper’ jack’o lanterns, which we later hung from our #wishtree in our school. Here are some pictures .You can check them also on our INSTAGRAM account: ieslaescribana
- 4th year students made some projects about local legends / horror stories . Here are some of their projects:
A Halloween story from Villaviciosa
A Horror story
The Man with the scythe
Horror at Halloween night
- 2nd year students ( English workshop) watched a video and did some vocabulary activities on Halloween:
- Halloween video
- Our language assistant this year, Josée Ménard, made a presentation on Halloween in Canada:
What are you like as a person? What are your interests ? Do you like reading? Sports ? Music?
I want you to talk about yourself in ( almost ) 100 words .
First you are going to write a short essay ( 80 – 100 words ) talking about yourself. TRY TO BE CREATIVE, TELL US SOMETHING WE DON’T KNOW ABOUT YOURSELF.
Then, you are going to read your essay in front of the class.
Remember to speak slowly and with a clear voice.
Finally , you are going to send me your essay recorded or written so we can SHARE it with other people.
Did you have a good summer holidays ?What did you do ? Where did you go ?
To prepare your speech about your summer holidays we are going to watch the following video.
Then , answer the following questions:
After that, you are going to tell the class about your last holidays. Speak slowly and clearly . Use the Past Simple of verbs to express your ideas .