- On 25th November we are celebrating the day against gender violence and violence against women, so we are going to do some different activities:
–2º ESO ENGLISH WORKSHOP
Listen to the following song by Tracy Chapman and choose the right words. Here is the document with the activity:
BEHIND THE WALL
3º ESO / 4º ESO :
- Watch the following presentation / videos:
STOP VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN ( presentation)
Video 1: Stop violence against women !
Video 2: Some women talking about their experiences:
- How do you feel after watching the videos ?Write a sentence against domestic / gender violence . If you have a twitter account tweet the sentence and write @ieslaescribana( i.e.: Violence against women has to stop!!, No more violence against women !!, etc. )
- Complete the text while listening to a piece of news about violence aginst women.
This year we celebrated Halloween in our school with different activities:
- 1st , 2nd and 3rd ESO students made some ‘paper’ jack’o lanterns, which we later hung from our #wishtree in our school. Here are some pictures .You can check them also on our INSTAGRAM account: ieslaescribana
- 4th year students made some projects about local legends / horror stories . Here are some of their projects:
A Halloween story from Villaviciosa
- 2nd year students ( English workshop) watched a video and did some vocabulary activities on Halloween:
- Halloween video
- Our language assistant this year, Josée Ménard, made a presentation on Halloween in Canada:
What are you like as a person? What are your interests ? Do you like reading? Sports ? Music?
I want you to talk about yourself in ( almost ) 100 words .
First you are going to write a short essay ( 80 – 100 words ) talking about yourself. TRY TO BE CREATIVE, TELL US SOMETHING WE DON’T KNOW ABOUT YOURSELF.
Then, you are going to read your essay in front of the class.
Remember to speak slowly and with a clear voice.
Finally , you are going to send me your essay recorded or written so we can SHARE it with other people.
Did you have a good summer holidays ?What did you do ? Where did you go ?
To prepare your speech about your summer holidays we are going to watch the following video.
Then , answer the following questions:
After that, you are going to tell the class about your last holidays. Speak slowly and clearly . Use the Past Simple of verbs to express your ideas .
Today we are back in school again ! Summer holidays are over and we are stating a new school year.
Before we speak about the subject of English we are going to watch a couple of videos about school. After you watch the videos tell the class your opinion about school: do you like school? why ? why not ? Do you like English ? Do you think English is necessary today ? Why?
It’s also important to get to know each other. We are going to do an activity called ‘ Find someone who..’ to know better our classmates :
classroom-friends-game( 2º TALLER / 3º ESO )
firstclass ( 4º ESO )
Leonard_Find_someone_after_Feb_vacation( find someone who…B1 )
Here are some of my 2º ESO students’ stories they wrote against any type of violence: bullying, violence against women, intolerance, etc.
BULLYING IN HIGH SCHOOL
THE GIRL WHO SPOKE TO ANIMALS
THE LONELY WOMAN
THE SUICIDE OF YOUNG REBECA
THE JOB OF VIOLENCE
A SAD GIRL
Lat week my 4th year students presented their projects on crime stories in class.
Here are some of them. Hope you like it !
Jack the Ripper ( Laura C. and A.D. Prior )
The Murder of John Lennon ( Atenea D.)
This week our school participated in the 3rd Plurilingual Fair at the Teachers’ Training Centre ( CEP) in Córdoba . We were there with part of the projects from our students and stuff from the bilingual project we have been dealing with during the last five years. There were some other primary and secondary schools as well. Here are the PICTURES of the event.
This week, to celebrate the World Book Day ( 23 April), our students has made a collaborative ‘wall of poetry’ in all years, from 1st to 4th.
Here are some pictures:
WORLD BOOK DAY 2015: WALL OF POETRY
This week my 1st year students have prepared a project on unusual sports
You can see their projects on comments
Hope you like them all !!